Sunday 13 May 2012

Dorset Cereals Gingerbread Porridge

I think breakfast is perhaps my favourite meal of the day. It is often quoted as being the most important, but for most people breakfast is boring. It is the meal you hastily wolf down as you run out the door, late for work. I imagine it is also the most monotonous meal for most people. My friends tend to eat the same thing every day for breakfast and it is all pretty uninspiring.

As the first meal of the day, breakfast should be exciting. A celebration of a new day with the promise of exciting eating opportunities. You should go to bed excitied to wake up, just so you can eat whatever delicious thing you've got planned for a morning boost.

And Dorset Cereals' Gingerbread Porridge certainly does that. I love porridge. That creamy, warm, nourishing breakfast that tastes so comforting but is also good for you. But I do tend to have just plain oats which I make myself and then add something to (some honey, blueberries, raspberries, raisins, hazelnuts etc). I don't really buy into these convenience satchets as they seem expensive for what they are and are likely to have unnecessary additives and flavourings.

But hey, sometimes you want to indulge yourself and this porridge is certainly a treat. Wonderfully thick and sweet with actual pieces of gingerbread speckled throughout its cinnamony stickiness. The little nuggets of gingerbread are like biscuit gold - sweet, full flavoured and crumbly. The porridge itself is also permeated with gingery and spicey flavours that entice the nose and tantalise the tastebuds. This cosy little bowl of warming goodness is the porridge equivalent of a cake baking in an oven.

Trust me, if you're not the sort of person who enjoys breakfast, try this. It practically makes me want to go to bed at 10am because I cannot wait a whole day for my next bowl of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment